Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fertility Q&A: Vitex+Progesterone? Wobenzym, Low Ovarian Reserve, UterineWise Kit Concerns…

Q: I was reading your article that says it is o.k. to take vitex with natural progesterone, then I came across this other website that says the following:
“When your body detects high progesterone levels, it stops stimulating the pituitary gland to produce LH hormone. This feedback mechanism is the reason why you cannot take Vitex and progesterone cream at the same time.”
I am confused, can I take vitex with progesterone or not?
A: I do not agree, I have found that Vitex and natural progesterone cream may be safely combined, for most women. This would greatly depend on what their progesterone levels are at to begin with. A woman who has mid-to adequate progesterone level to begin with, should not use natural progesterone cream. Only women with low progesterone levels may consider using natural progesterone cream. Vitex is supportive of the hormonal feedback loop. Vitex supports hormonal balance in the body by having an effect on the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis (hormonal feedback loop), correcting the problem at the source. It indirectly aids the body in balancing hormones overall, which if you have low progesterone, may work to aid the part of feedback loop that is not functioning properly and is causing low progesterone. Vitex does not directly increase progesterone levels, but rather supports the system that is needed to release progesterone correctly. Natural progesterone cream directly increases the progesterone levels in the body.
Q: My question is about Wobenzym. Your websites talks about the advantages of Wobenzym and how it has been studied and is safe for use during pregnancy. However, all other websites with information on, or who sell Wobenzym say do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Why does the information on your website differ from other information on the web regarding Wobenzym?
A: The label on this product clearly states that if you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should consult a health care professional prior to using this product. It does not say not to use in pregnancy or breastfeeding. The information on our site differs because through our research we have been able to prove its safety in pregnancy through human trials with pregnant women. We have also had women use systemic enzymes through pregnancy with no side effects, under the guidance and care of their doctor. Only women with immunological induced recurrent miscarriage would want to consider using systemic enzymes into pregnancy. If a woman feels she is a good candidate for Systemic Enzyme Therapy using systemic enzymes into pregnancy, she should consult with her health care provider to make a plan to continue using them into pregnancy. She must be under the care of a qualified health care practitioner, someone who can monitor her progress and adjust dosage if necessary.
We have published information on the study in particular, that shows safety for pregnancy, you can read it here: http://natural-fertility-info.com/enzyme-therapy-recurrent-miscarriage.html
The makers of Wobenzym N, Garden of Life have provided this link to studies where this product has been used in studies for infertility, you can read that here: http://www.systemicenzymesupport.org/conditions/infertility.htm
It is important to remember, other sites that sell Wobenzym N, are not focused on fertility issues, that makes a difference as well.
You can learn more about Wobenzym N for fertility issues at this link: http://natural-fertility-info.com/fertility-wobenzym.html
Q: I’m 38 yrs old. I have high FSH, low ovarian reserve and high oestrogen. In the summer I had a cycle of IVF drugs which I didn’t respond to so they just did an IUI but it wasn’t successful. I’ve been trying to improve my egg quality by taking barley grass and spirulina. I’ve also been taking Fertilaid for three weeks now and I take magnesium powder and hemp protein powder. Am I taking too much? If so what do you think I should drop? Do you think there is any chance I will conceive naturally? I did recently read you can reverse low ovarian reserve with nutrition and lifestyle, is that true?
Thanks for your time and help.

A: I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with fertility issues. Low ovarian reserve can be one of the most devastating diagnosis for women! The dietary supplements you have chosen so far sound like they are a great start, but honestly it may take more to change the health of your eggs, as well as get them to respond, so that FSH will lower.
The top 4 things you can do to change your egg health are:
I have seen women increase their egg health and count of viable eggs for IVF, as well as lower FSH just by following a Fertility Diet, exercising regularly, and including Fertility Super Foods in their diet. They key to improving the health of your fertility overall, relies solely on your commitment to changing your life. Lifestyle changes are going to have the greatest impact!
If you feel completely lost, we do offer consultations.
Q: Hello,
I have seen many people asking whether it is safe to take UterineWise kit, my doubt is this: natural remedies should not disturb pregnancy. This UterineWise kit should not disturb women who want to get pregnant.

But there is no proper reply. Can you guide me while using this kit, can I become pregnant while using this kit? What side effects would there be?
A: The UterineWise Fertility kit is best used prior to trying to conceive. The goal should be to heal your body first, prior to trying to conceive, for at least 3 months. I understand some women desire to try and conceive while also working to reduce uterine fibroids at the same time. All of the products in this kit; Fibro Defense and DIM may be safely used while trying to conceive. You would use them a bit differently if you are trying to conceive. DIM would be stopped once you found out you were pregnant.
Q: I am 37, estrogen dominant. Have been taking bioidentical progesterone cream for 3 years, periods come like clockwork every 27 days. I have four healthy children. Not using any birth control. I take progesterone days 14-26. This month, my doctor increased my dose of progesterone. My period was due 6 days ago. I am nauseated and tired. I took a pregnancy test today, negative. I am taking another test in the morning tomorrow. I will certainly call my doctor if it is negative, but am wondering if I should continue the progesterone (is it perhaps causing the delayed period and nausea)?
A: If your doctor has determined that despite 3 years of using progesterone cream, you still need to increase dosage because you may still be deficient, then it may have caused some estrogen receptor site response. When you increase, or introduce progesterone back into the body after an extended period of progesterone deficiency, the estrogen receptor sites ‘wake up’ (are stimulated), enhancing the action of estrogen for a short period of time. This is actually a sign that the progesterone is working, even though at the beginning it can exacerbate estrogen dominance symptoms such as breast tenderness and swelling, spotting, fluid retention, dizziness, hot flashes, fatigue, headaches and nausea. Though, in your case I cannot be sure on this, but it sounds like this may be what is happening. You may or may not be pregnant. You would not want to stop the progesterone cream if you are pregnant, so you may want to discuss this with your doctor. Please test again, contact your doctor to discuss how the increase in dosage is making you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment